The SS4-A represents the world’s pre-eminent UV/IR technology for Electro-Optical Flame Detectors with tens of thousands successfully operating in a multitude of installations worldwide. This multi-spectrum detector senses radiant energy in the ultraviolet (UV), visible and Wide Band Infrared™ (IR) spectrum. The radiant energy from all types of flaming fires will alert the detector to their presence.
- Detects hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon based fires
- Built-in test for optical “through the lens” testing
- False alarm immunity
- Sensitivity: Adjustable between 60 ft., 45 ft., 30 ft., and 15 ft. to a 1 sq. ft. gasoline fire
- Response time: 2-5 seconds to 1 sq. ft. of gasoline fire at 60 ft.
- Field-of-view: 120 degrees cone of vision (60 degrees from on axis)